HoumaToday.com, a website for the daily newspaper of Houma, LA, posted an excellent article detailing ten essential steps to help you survive the next hurricane.
The list includes:
1. Create a plan and practice.
2. Buy flood insurance and review.
3. Make a supply kit now.
4. Leave early and monitor media.
5. Plan for special-needs family members.
6. Plan for pets.
7. Protect your valuables, keepsakes, and documents.
8. Start saving money for storm-related expenses.
9. Prepare your home and property now.
10. Plan for communication.
Read more at www.HoumaToday.com